Thursday, May 18, 2006

Google Notebook-cant be used off line?

Google Notebook

I was checking the Google FAQ section, and to my disappointment, there is no way you can access it offline!!! That is a bad bad bad.....to PhD students like use who need to hang on to our notebooks all the time!

Despite the misgiving about no offline feature, it did make my life easier today.

I have been using this feature when I tried to view some current literature to write up something simple.

Instead of downloading the pdf copies, for the first time in my life, I enjoyed the HTML copy!!Able to grab your quotes make referencing ie quoting and paraphrasing so much easier.

I know that this is not the best notebook around, but it is free.... I guess poor beggars like us cant be choosers.

I wished I had this when I started my PhD. Life is much easier.

Technorati tags:
fibromyalgia,Google Notebook,PhD research,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you can convert it to google docs now - then of course get it offline that way

DP said...

You can surely save it to google docs.. if only google docs offline were stable and reliable! my offline connection is broken and it seems there's no way to fix it. the workaround is converting to google docs and then downloading to your hard drive...

Anonymous said...

I apologise, I can help nothing. I think, you will find the correct decision.