Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Applying for a job

There I go again... busy with job applications.

If I could, I would wait, but I can't.

May-July is the job application seasion for post-docs. And you have to catch this season, or you got to wait till next year before more posts are available.

It is quite depressive to see the number of jobs on offered, vs the number of people I KNOW are applying fora similar job. Just counting the number of people I know from the same field who are going for the same jobs as I do vs the number of jobs advertised is enough to depress you!!!

But I wouldnt want to let that happen. Instead, I use a Google diary just to organise that, application dates etc.

My strategy is to publish, publish and publish, and delay sending in applications until more stuff are accepted or published.

All these stress is no good for my RA, they are flaring up now. But would I have any other choice?

Technorati Tags:


No comments: